A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A CUSTOMER SERVICE BOOTH MANAGER
As a Customer Service Booth Manager, you have a desire to work with our valued customers and provide first-class customer service while maintaining organization and employee supervision within the department. To truly be successful in the position, the individual will be able to handle multiple customer requests and switch tasks frequently. In this role you are a leader and a problem solver who has the ability to pay close attention to detail. The possibilities are endless if you have a passion for customer service.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS**
• Provide high-quality customer service in accordance with Safeway’s customer service standards and policies and procedures.
• Train, schedule, and supervise customer service clerks to ensure optimum staffing patterns in department.
• Speak with customers calmly and professionally in order to address and resolve complaints regarding sales, dissatisfaction with service or products, and other problems that may arise.
• Perform-s daily inventory and order necessary supplies to maintain adequate inventory
• Conduct full department inventory each month in compliance with Safeway policy.
• Monitor inter-office mail and company website daily for updated information.
• Operate electronic scanning cash register to total customer’s final bill.
• Receive payment for customer purchases.
• Honor appropriate discounts, coupons, etc. for applicable purchases.
• Bag small items as needed.
• Operate machines to sell money orders, lotto tickets, and transfer funds by wire. May operate computer to provide proper UPS shipping information.
• May use computer to check customer’s photo finishing status.
• Process customer returns, sell gift cards & lotto tickets, answer questions & handle other transactions as needed.
• Counts paper currency, coins, credit card receipts and checks, and totals against print outs for accuracy. Prepares deposit slips.
• Collect cash from checkers and provide checkers with smaller bills for change. Check contents of coin changer machines and refill as needed.
• Balance and reset tills using the cash management computer system (Veribalance).
• Obtain approval from Check Services when called to a register to handle check declines.
• Count and verify funds in safe and prepare for pick up by armored carrier.
• Answer telephone and page employees over intercom.
• Operate computer to input numerical data. Prepare various statistical reports using computer.
• Maintain cleanliness of office, storage area and assist in maintaining cleanliness of front area of store.
• Replace stock in display areas near customer service area as needed.
• Adhere to uniform and grooming policy as defined within company policy.
Customer Service Clerks
The following describes the general qualifications and physical, sensory and mental abilities normally associated with performing the essential job functions of this position:**
• Ability to follow company customer service procedures. Demonstrated prior customer service skills or related experience
• Basic arithmetic skills
• Ability to use machines for counting money, wire transfer processing & lottery
• Ability to problem-solve and handle stressful, sometimes complex, situations.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to understand and follow instructions, and ability to read, retain and comprehend guidelines, policies and procedures applicable to the position
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work independently as well as within a large team
• Self-motivated and driven to increase knowledge of Safeway products and share that knowledge with Safeway customers
• Ability to provide regular and predictable attendance. (Safeway employees may be scheduled to work early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays, and schedules may vary on a weekly basis)
• Ability to comply with workplace conduct standards
• Desired: Prior Clerk experience
• Desired: Prior Management experience
The following attempts to communicate the traditional physical demands associated with this position:**
Seldom: 1-2 hours, Occasional: 3-4 hours, Frequent: 5-6 hours, Continuous: 7+ hours (Based on an 8 hour work day.)
• Squat/Kneel: Seldom
• Bend/Stoop: Seldom
• Lift/Carry: Occasional/carry 5-35 lbs.
• Push/Pull: Occasional, push/pull 25-100 lbs. (shopping carts with tills or registers/coinstar box)
• Twist/Turn: Occasional
• Grip/Grasp: Frequent
• Reach: Frequent
• Stand/Walk: Continuous
Job duties and responsibilities may vary by location and employees may be assigned duties and responsibilities in addition to those listed above.
** Safeway is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to compliance with its obligations under all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting employment discrimination. In keeping with this commitment, Safeway attempts to reasonably accommodate applicants and employees in accordance with the requirements of the disability discrimination laws. It also invites individuals with disabilities to participate in a good faith, interactive process to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made without imposing an undue hardship.
SAFEWAY AND WHY YOU WANT TO JOIN US
Safeway has always been a people-oriented business, and thoughtful people practices remain a core element of our company’s philosophy. As friendly, enthusiastic individuals who enjoy offering customers an exceptional shopping experience, we provide world-class customer service each and every day.
Safeway provides a variety of benefits including:
• Great pay
• Flexible schedule
• Opportunities for career development
• Health and welfare benefits for eligible employees
• Leisure time activity discounts
SAFEWAY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER