Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Supervises warehouse activities for a particular shift/sector to ensure that both incoming and outgoing product are handled properly using proper training, accuracy systems and programs. Controls production standards as well as, meet projections for labor expenses.
• Coordinates functions between shifts, to effectively complete the workload, while providing excellent customer service to the stores serviced.
• Walks all areas of the warehouse with Supervisors; to ensure building conditions are maintained and comply with Company standards, associates are working safely, potential safety hazards are identified and addressed, potential damage is identified and corrected, and gather information concerning product issues pertinent to transportation.
• Manages daily inventory by monitoring the timeliness and accuracy of inventory adjustments made by supervisors and enforcing consistent warehouse practices in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
• Ensures that all inbound merchandise is inspected and correct as ordered.
• Plans and assign work for most efficient use of personnel and equipment.
• Supervises and assist in decisions regarding space allocation, slotting and inventory control.
• Develops and maintains good working relationship with retail division and store personnel. Works with customers, in person when necessary, to resolve complaints such as bad loads, damage, mispicks, out-of-stock, and delivery schedules.
• Assists in the preparation and administration of department budget.
• Enforces safety standards to reduce accidents and related expenses resulting from unsafe work practices. Attends monthly safety committee meeting.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Eligible candidates should apply at www.careersatsafeway.com