Albertsons-Safeway Company is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons-Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Lead Performance Engineer. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
Albertsons is looking for a Lead Performance Engineer who can participate in and lead the entire spectrum of tasks associated with Performance Engineering and execution for Supply Chain and Merchandising applications. You will wear multiple hats. You are an experienced lead who can lead and drive performance test team members to deliver. You will work with a team of Software Engineers, Quality Engineers, Software Architects and senior management. You are hands on and will build an automated test suite to measure product performance using HP LoadRunner and other tools, work with project team through the release and agile development cycle. You have solid verbal and written communication skills. You can work with geographically located team members. You work effectively with Program Management and Development. You have a passion for performance and deeply care about the end user experience.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for all the performance testing deliverables of the project(s) in Supply Chain, Merchandising and Store applications
- Working closely with the stakeholders to understand goals, requirements and architecture of the project(s)
- Design and implementing holistic performance test strategy for complete coverage of application landscape
- Hands-on experience in building performance test suites.
- Identifying bottlenecks across multiple layers of the system and report performance issues to project stakeholders
- Summarizing large amount of metrics into meaningful graphs and reports and create release report.
- Debugging JAVA and SQL performance tuning experience for performance that include garbage collection, heap management, JVM Configuration, V$ table, explain plan, query optimization etc.
- Provides regular performance testing status updates to stakeholder
- Communicates risk and mitigation plans for the project(s)
- Helps resolve issues/remove roadblocks for the performance testing team and/or escalates accordingly
- Responsible for guiding the geographically located performance test engineers on the project(s)
- Drives the performance test team to test effectively and efficiently to meet deadlines
- Play a strategic role to improve the team's methodologies, analysis tools, and workloads and participate in major initiatives to improve performance by examining both software and hardware from the front end to the back end.
- 4-year degree (Computer Science, Information Systems or relational functional field) and/or equivalent combination of education or work experience.
- 6+ years of performance engineering experience - benchmark testing, performance analysis, and tuning, Performance test automation, performance testing and Performance engineering and developing software benchmarks and programming experience
- Four (4) years experience with JAVA and SQL debugging
- Must have Hands on scripting experience with multiple protocols HTTP/HTML, Mobile, AjaxTruclient, Citrix, web services using HP load runner
- Must have experience with performance testing tools - JMeter, LoadRunner
- Must have experience in Performance, Load, Stress and Scalability Testing
- Must have experience in testing Mainframe, AWS, JAVA and .Net applications using Load Runner or Jmeter.
- Must have working experience with APM tools
- Must have experience in designing the work load model for usage patterns and growth projections
- Must have experience identifying bottlenecks across multiple layers of a system.
- Experience with performance tuning including garbage collection, heap management, JVM Configuration, V$ table, explain plan, query optimization and other performance-associated areas.
- Experience resolving performance issues within the J2EE architecture Load balancers, Weblogic, Database(Oracle), Operating System, Network, Software (JAVA) and Hardware.
- Hands-on experience application monitoring using CA Wily Introscope, Fluke, OEM, Splunk, BMC Patrol HP Load runner and other OS-native tools.
- Strong experience in capacity planning, systems performance analysis and optimization in a distributed client/server environment
- Experience partnering with Architects, Developers, Systems Engineers, Database Administrators and other business representatives to collaboratively tune systems.
- Experience with Software design/architecture process web services (REST or SOAP). Experience testing web services (REST or SOAP), Web Services and related technologies (SOAP, JAXB, WSDL, XML).
- Strong knowledge of Web Services and related technologies (SOAP, JAXB, WSDL, XML).
- Experience with Oracle SQL, RDMS and RAC. Solid programming skills in JAVA, SQL and Perl
- Excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills with attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of programming documentation processes/procedures
- Strong knowledge of UNIX and Windows operating systems
- Strong experience with the full software development lifecycle and software development methodologies (Agile)
- Strong ability to understand client expectations and to resolve issues that may affect delivery
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a matrixed organization
- Strong ability to mentor, coach and train lower level programmer analysts
- Self-starter, with a demonstrated ability to learn beyond formal training with a strong aptitude for delivering quality products.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting careersatsafeway.com
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons-Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons-Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER