The Albertsons Companies are working to become the favorite food and drug retailer in every market it serves. The organization includes 2,230 stores, 27 distribution facilities and 19 manufacturing plants with over 250,000 employees across 34 states and the District of Columbia. The company is privately owned with supermarkets across the country that include: Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Pavilions, Randall's, Tom Thumb, Carrs, ACME, Jewel-Osco, Lucky, Shaw's, Star Market, Super Saver, United Supermarkets, Market Street and Amigos.
The Accounting team has an opening for a Tax and Licensing Clerk in the Tax Department. This position is located in the National Services Center in Phoenix, AZ.
* Intermediate level PC skills with knowledge of Windows & Microsoft software applications
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to organize and prioritize tasks
* Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy
* Ability to complete work with a minimum of supervision under rigid time constraints
* Good analytical skills
* Two years college with accounting course work or equivalent
* Honest and trustworthy, exhibiting sound business ethics
* Ability to work in a team setting
* Speed and accuracy in 10 key input
* Work in a fast paced environment
* Audit invoices for accuracy including retail licenses, permits and real and personal property taxes.
* Process Journal Entries to the General Ledger and Account Reconciliations.
* Code and enter invoices into accounts payable system.
* Research, analyze and make recommendations for disposition of out of balance accounts especially in relationship to real and personal property taxes.
* Analyze financial reports and records, making recommendations relative to the accounting for assets and liabilities.
* Maintain reconciliation of subsidiary details to general account balances.
* Other projects as assigned by supervisor.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER