Albertsons-Safeway Company is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons-Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Technical Project Manager, IT Marketing & Merchandising Services. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
The role is responsible for planning, execution of initiatives and projects for the respective business partners including efforts related to the recent Safeway-Albertsons merger and new initiatives. The Project Manager role plans, manages and tracks the required work and budget for the execution of projects. The Project Manager will work closely with the Sr. IT Manager, and lead a distributed team across multiple locations. This role will also work directly with business stakeholders based across the US.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in tactical/strategic planning surrounding cross-portfolio programs and systems
- Provide strong leadership & accountability for the development and delivery of Technical Project Management needed to support business solutions, technical delivery, escalations and impact assessment
- Hands-on management and delivery of multiple complex projects at any given time to meet technology and business requirements on time and within budget
- Executing and successfully completing projects within the agreed threshold levels for schedule and cost variance
- Foster a strong work environment that rewards individual and team efforts; encourages creativity while maintaining high caliber productivity and quality; mitigates team conflict and communication problems
- Partner with Marketing & Merchandising Business Planning Manager, Enterprise Architecture, IT PMO, Application Development, and Services and Support teams to create detailed plans for both Marketing & Merchandising and cross-domain initiatives
- Refine and improve existing Project Management best practices, including the adoption of industry standard tools, technologies, and methodologies
- Provide thought leadership and help define a vision for the expansion and improvement of a world-class project management organization, addressing elements of culture, recruiting, training, best practices/process, opportunity management, and quality assurance
- 4-year degree (Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration or relational functional field) and/or equivalent combination of education or work experience
- 6+ years in project management for software development with demonstrated evidence of increasing growth and responsibility
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification a plus; MBA a plus
- Strong skills in project planning, budget estimation and management, resource planning and assessment, financial planning and risk assessment
- Responsible for developing and maintaining complete integrated project plan/schedule for IT, business and vendor
- Strong knowledge of Project Management Methodology, tools and techniques
- Proficient in using core PM tools including Microsoft Project Enterprise, Microsoft Sharepoint, Microsoft Office Professional (Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, Access, etc.)
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software design and development
- Demonstrated experience leading a project team through the entire software development life cycle
- Solid experience working in an iterative and agile approach for application development
- Must possess superior problem-solving skills, listening, action-oriented and decisive
- Excellent organizational & planning skills and the ability to work under pressure to balance competing priorities in meeting project deadlines
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to effectively articulate and present complex concepts, ideas and strategies to senior leadership and end-users
- Extensive creativity, drive, high energy level, and the ability to self-manage
- Strong ability to collaborate across various groups, build relationships and manage effectively in a matrix organization
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, coach, counsel and train managers and staff
- Previous experience with medium to large projects in Retail Companies or Marketing & Merchandising organizations will be considered an asset
- Previous experience with Assortment & Space Planning Project Management and system integration will be preferred
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting careersatsafeway.com
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons-Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons-Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER