The Albertsons Companies are working to become the favorite food and drug retailer in every market it serves. The organization includes 2,230 stores, 27 distribution facilities and 19 manufacturing plants with over 250,000 employees across 34 states and the District of Columbia. The company is privately owned with supermarkets across the country that include: Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Pavilions, Randall's, Tom Thumb, Carrs, ACME, Jewel-Osco, Lucky, Shaw's, Star Market, Super Saver, United Supermarkets, Market Street and Amigos.
The Expense Payables Department, located at The National Accounting Service Center in Phoenix, AZ (85027), has an opening for an Accounting Clerk.
* Two or more years of college with accounting coursework or equivalent experience
* Two or more years' experience in a larger organization with mainframe based accounting
* General knowledge of basic accounting concepts and account reconciliation
* Intermediate level PC skills with knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office
* Knowledge of distribution centers
* Good analytical and mathematical skills
* Good customer service and interpersonal skills
* Must work well in a team environment
* Possess a high degree of initiative with the ability to work with minimal supervision
* Good organizational skills
* Ability to organize and prioritize job tasks
* Knowledge of retail operations
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Honest and trustworthy, exhibiting sound business ethics
* Speed and accuracy in 10 key data input
* Analyze and review vendor invoices for proper approval and coding.
* Communicate with vendors and distribution center personal via phone, email, or instant messaging to resolve issues in a timely manner.
* Batch and input vendor payments into our Lawson payables system.
* Complete the ProUtility and/or Rivermine daily AP batch interfaces once a week.
* Research inquiries from distribution centers and their accounting teams within Lawson.
* Process journal entries to properly record A/P, accrued expenses, truck shop inventories and reclassification entries in the G/L system.
* During period end, analyze and book necessary accruals, communicate heavily with distribution center accounting teams and prepare the trucking inventories for assigned distribution centers.
* Create and run .dme reports in Lawson for data analysis.
* File, sort, organize, and box AP batches.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.