JOB DUTIES:Safeway GM/HBC Manager employees are generally responsible for completing the following job duties:
- Provide customer service as currently defined by the employer within the scope of the position and within company policy.
- Train, schedule, and supervise GM/HBC workers to ensure optimum staffing patterns for the
- Speak with customers to resolve problems with sales, dissatisfaction with service or product or other problems related with the operation of the GM/HBC area. Maintain cleanliness of department and storage area.
- Replace stock in displays and on shelves as needed. Makes sure all expired items are removed from the shelves daily.
- Perform daily inventory and order necessary supplies to maintain adequate inventory.
- Write and input order into store computer.
- Monitor inter-office mail and company web page daily for updated information.
- Other duties as assigned.
JOB RELATED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to follow company customer service procedures. Demonstrated prior customer service skills or related experience.
- Ability to interact with customers and co-workers.
- Ability to work independently when necessary.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions.
- Desired: Prior experience as a clerk.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: GM Clerks
Varies depending on store location and state/county requirements.