Albertsons Safeway is working to become the favorite food and drug retailer in every market it serves. The organization includes 2,230 stores, 27 distribution facilities and 19 manufacturing plants with over 250,000 employees across 34 states and the District of Columbia. The company is privately owned with supermarkets across the country that include: Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Carrs, ACME, Jewel-Osco, Lucky, Shaw's, Star Market, Super Saver, United Supermarkets, Market Street and Amigos.
The Northern California Division Distribution Center, located in Tracy, California, has an opening for a Superintendent overseeing the Grocery warehouse.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Manage day to day warehouse operations to service the needs of retail stores within department budget.
* Keep informed of Federal, State, and Municipal laws and regulations, collective bargaining agreements and company work rules regarding warehouse operation of company.
* Ensure departmental compliance with, OSHA.
* Work closely with Warehouse Supervisors, hourly associates, drivers, Division DC's, and retail personnel to implement cost saving measures.
* Determine equipment and manpower requirements for daily operational needs.
* Manage labor relations by dealing with grievances, corporate, warehouse employees, and union business agents.
* Aggressively cultivate and promote a positive and innovative work environment.
* Maintain a high level of customer service to Safeway.
* Set and monitor warehouse performance targets both short and long term.
* Ensure Safeway policies, procedures and practices are strictly adhered to, including appropriate audit, controls and segregation of duties are in place to support Sarbanes Oxley compliance.
* Hiring and development of warehouse staff and warehouse team members towards attainment of their potential.
* Interface with Regulatory Agencies.
* Assist with Capital development, cost estimation and management as needed.
* 4 year college degree preferred or 4-5 years progressive warehouse operations management experience.
* 4 years supervision experience, preferably in a Distribution Center.
* Proven track record of cost reductions and increased productivity.
* Experience in a union environment with strong labor relations skills.
* Strong knowledge of warehouse management system EXE, COM.
* Strong knowledge of Engineered Labor Standards.
* Able to work with warehouse supervision to improve supervisory skills.
* Well developed analytical and computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Access.
* Ability to empower, supervise and direct a diverse workforce.
* Ability to hire, develop, evaluate, train, and coach staff and associates.
* Strong communication skills and ability to build direct relationships with hourly associates while managing union contracts.
* Excellent organizational skills with a high degree of initiative and flexibility.
* Experience in holding employees accountable for working safely, and providing a safe work environment.
* Proven ability to define performance measures directly related to business and hold people accountable for such.
* Proven ability to do financial analysis and review and analyze existing cost data.
* Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
* Excellent customer service focus, results oriented.
* Must possess the following traits: proactive, risk taker, change agent and strong sense of courage.
* Must be comfortable at giving and receiving open feedback.
* Willingness to work flexible hours, weekends, swing and graveyard shifts and holidays required.
Respond to: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting www.CareersAtSafeway.com on your computer or mobile device.
Diversity is fundamental at Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER