The Supply Operations Department located in Riverside, CA has an opening for a Buyer/Planner, supporting the Riverside Grocery Plant.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Coordinate and schedule production, order materials, and supplies.
• Foster good manufacturing practices and workplace safety.
• Create, back-flush and review production orders for bulk and pack orders.
• Ensure all past due production/pack orders and purchase orders are resolved daily.
• Research and resolve all discrepancies on inventory stock transactions and bulk variances.
• Coordinates all cycle count activities.
• Monitor inventory needs for multiple divisions and public sale customers.
• Maintain a high level of customer service.
• Strive for continuous improvement in Supply Operations.
• Ensure the adherence to Company policies, practices, and procedures.
• Develop a work environment within manufacturing that promotes trust, teamwork quality and safety.
• Promote development of cost saving initiatives.
• 4-year college degree in food science or related field and/or commensurate job experience.
• Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
• Excellent organizational skills with a high degree of initiative and flexibility.
• Experience in production planning, scheduling, purchasing, and cost analysis.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Resourcefulness and problem-solving skills.
• Critical thinking, analytical and detail oriented, preferred.
• Strong knowledge of Adage and/or ERP systems.
Respond to: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting www.CareersAtSafeway.com on your computer or mobile device.
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies LLC. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies LLC policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace – all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER