Albertsons-Safeway Company is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons-Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Solutions Architect, Payment Platform. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
Albertsons-Safeway is rapidly expanding in its digital offerings and is in need for a Solution Architect to join the fast growing, consumer facing digital applications space. The right candidate should be able to understand and execute on digital transformation strategies by creating best in class technical solutions. This position will guide the Architecture, Design, Development & Implementation of projects, which deliver the vision & strategy supporting Safeway's business and IT initiatives. In this role you will work as a part of an exciting and energetic team of professionals to deliver cutting edge Retail Business strategies using a wide array of the latest technologies.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide architecture and design solutions for payment platform for all channels
- Provide technical leadership in design, development, and testing of business solutions
- Prepare and present potential technical solutions and advise the business on approach and tradeoffs
- Work with developers, business analysts and subject matter experts to understand the complex technological system in order to produce integrated end-to-end solution options
- Communicate solution approaches to enterprise architects, project teams and other stakeholders
- Keep up-to-date on cutting edge technologies like cloud, IoT, mobile, social and big data.
- Works with Tech Lead's to identify and mitigate Architectural risks and issues across programs and projects.
- Collaborates with the Enterprise Architect (EA), business and the project team to understand business requirements and strategies, ensures completeness of requirements and create suitable software architectures to support those needs.
- Leverages existing and participates in the creation and augmentation of new and existing reusable service components and patterns.
- Defines the structure of systems, their interfaces, and the principles that guide its organization, software design and implementation.
- Ensures Integration Requirements & Designs are supported by standard Safeway Development Patterns and if required augments them if new patterns emerge.
- Ensures that the solution architecture and design align with the Target Architecture for the project.
- Ensuring that the solution meets the functional and non-functional requirements approved by the business.
- Ensuring adherence to architecture standards and processes.
- Defines and supports reusable application components from a business and technology perspective.
- Contributor to application development principles and patterns.
- Partners with Enterprise, Application, and other Lead Architects in driving modular, services-oriented integration and solutions architectures.
- Ensure Target Architectures are achievable (working with the Application Architect to address any concerns) and is accountable for ensuring that the Solution Architecture and Design can be implemented working along a sequence of events/steps in achieving the Target Architecture.
- Able to provide coding direction to less experienced staff or develops highly complex original code.
- Lead projects, allocate and manage resources. Provide technical leadership, coach and mentor team members
- 4-year degree (Computer Science, Information Systems or relational functional field) and/or equivalent combination of education or work experience
- 8+ years of programming experience (Java, Java Script, NoSQL, Web Services Technologies, SOAP and/or REST).
- Translate commerce requirements into generic payments platform capabilities that are extensible to multiple payment processors, payment types and models
- Subject matter expertise in technologies and products required to bring payments solutions to market, at scale and globally
- Extended expertise in No SQL, RDBMS, ORACLE, SQL Server (DML, DDL and Query Optimization).
- Significant experience with systems Integration including building message-based and ETL Integrations.
- Significant experience with the full software development lifecycle and software development methodologies (Agile, Iterative).
- Significant experience in capacity planning, systems performance analysis and optimization in a distributed client/server environment.
- Strong design and programming skills.
- Strong understanding of patterns and best practices.
- Strong ability to decompose a broad level business requirement into technical implementation.
- Ability to mentor and guide development team members.
- Strong organization skills with good interpersonal skills and a customer service oriented attitude.
- Strong understanding of web development.
- Working experience (5+ years preferred) practical (hands-on) experience with J2EE/Spring Web applications development.
- Strong experience building consumer facing solutions
- Strong experience building applications on the public cloud
- Hands on experience with technologies like Java, NoSQL, Service Bus, Streaming, Containerization, API Management
- Deep knowledge of scalability, security and maintainability of high volume Internet applications
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate and drive highly complex technology solutions to broad audiences within and outside of IT
- Ability to define solutions from very high-level business ideas
- Ability to describe non-functional requirements
- Ability to work independently
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting careersatsafeway.com
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons-Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons-Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER