The Safeway/Albertsons Companies is a leading national food and drug retailer, currently the second largest private company in the United States. We operate 2,300+ stores across the country with the assistance of over 280,000 associates under 18 well-known banners such as Safeway, Vons and Pavilions. Some of our banners have been around since the late 1800s. Our mission is simple: run really great stores and delight our customers. To achieve our goal, we continuously explore opportunities at the cutting edge of technology in both our retail stores and backstage operations.
The Expense Payables department has a position open for an Accounting Clerk II. This position is located in the National Accounting Services Center in Phoenix, AZ (85027).
* Two or more years of college with accounting coursework or equivalent experience
* Two or more years' experience in a larger organization with mainframe based accounting
* General knowledge of basic accounting concepts and account reconciliation
* Intermediate level PC skills with knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office
* Knowledge of distribution centers
* Good analytical and mathematical skills
* Good customer service and interpersonal skills
* Must work well in a team environment
* Possess a high degree of initiative with the ability to work with minimal supervision
* Good organizational skills
* Ability to organize and prioritize job tasks
* Knowledge of retail operations
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Honest and trustworthy, exhibiting sound business ethics
* Speed and accuracy in 10 key data input
* Knowledge of Corrigo, Repair and Maintenance System, a plus
* Work closely with the Retail Facilities Service Center (RFSC) team regarding their accounting needs.
* Communicate with vendors and the RFSC via phone, email, or instant messaging to resolve issues in a timely manner.
* Review, correct and release the AP Daily Batch Interface.
* Reclass Corrigo division contract expense from the division to the stores.
* Research inquiries from vendors within Lawson.
* Process journal entries to properly record A/P, normally reclasses.
* During period end, sparse and email the Repair Accrual to Division Management.
* Review, manage and correct duplicate payments and the associated database.
* Create and run .dme reports in Lawson for data analysis.
* File, sort, organize, and box AP batches.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.