The Albertsons Companies is a leading national food and drug retailer, currently the second largest private company in the United States. We operate 2,300+ stores across the country with the assistance of over 280,000 associates under 18 well-known banners such as Safeway, Vons and Pavilions. Some of our banners have been around since the late 1800s. Our mission is simple: run really great stores and delight our customers. To achieve our goal, we continuously explore opportunities at the cutting edge of technology in both our retail stores and backstage operations. The Electronic Banking department has a position open for an Accounting Clerk IV. This position is located in the National Accounting Services Center in Phoenix, AZ (85027).
* Experience with reconciliation of bank accounts in multi-location banking environment
* Advanced level PC skills with knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office
* Speed and accuracy in 10 key data input
* Good communication and organizational skills
* Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Work in a fast-paced, high volume environment
* Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills in a teamwork environment
* 2+ years college with accounting coursework
* 2+ years accounting experience in a large organization with mainframe based accounting systems
* Honest and trustworthy, exhibiting sound business ethics
* Process debit and credit card adjustments
* Reconcile bank accounts using Excel and Safeway systems.
* Maintain reconciliation of subsidiary details to General Ledger Control Accounts such as cash over/shorts.
* Process Journal Entries to the General Ledger.
* Input data into computer applications.
* Research and communicate discrepancies with bank and store.
* Verify the posting of daily cash receipts deposits to the proper account.
* Preparation of journal entries, reviewing and verifying accuracy of entries and classifications.
* Identify additional account reconciliation opportunities and efficiencies.
* Identify and recommend solutions to store, bank or processors issues.
* Consistently handle more complex accounting and reconciliation issues.
* Fulfill credit card retrieval request from the credit card processors.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.