Do you want to practice in a progressive setting where you can make an impact on patient care and be a part of your community? Do you want to build meaningful relationships with your patients?
Then Albertsons Companies is the place for you!
In our pharmacies, you will be part of a team that is committed to providing direct patient care and wellness services. You will play a valuable role in disease state management, optimizing medication therapy, delivering outstanding patient-centered care and assist in managing acute and chronic conditions.
Student Pharmacists currently enrolled in their first and/or second professional year of pharmacy school are eligible to apply for this 8-week, highly structured summer internship program.
- Work side by side with our pharmacists, four days each week, learning pharmacy operations and workflow which includes providing patient care services, patient counseling and OTC recommendations.
- Develop your leadership skills and knowledge of community pharmacy through weekly interactive team meetings led by a pharmacy trainer.
- Focus each week on a disease state and an OTC topic that are commonly encountered by pharmacists in the community pharmacy setting.
- Develop your presentation skills by presenting OTC, DUR and SWOT Analysis presentations.
- Participate in counseling competitions, health fairs, CV/Interviewing workshops, and networking events.
- Expand your passion for community pharmacy!
Please interview with us to learn more! We will be on campus to interview for all our locations across the country.
With almost 1800 pharmacies nationwide, Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers in the United States, with both a strong local presence and national scale. We operate stores across 36 states and the District of Columbia under 19 well-known banners including Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Jewel-Osco, Shaw's, Acme, Tom Thumb, Randalls, United Supermarkets, Pavilions, Star Market, Haggen and Carrs. Join us in making a difference in the lives of our patients, customers, and communities.