Albertsons-Safeway Company is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons-Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Product Development Department within Own Brands has an opening for a Senior Manager of Regulatory. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
Manage daily regulatory activities related to consumer brand packaging such as identification, interpretation and implementation of all applicable federal, state and local regulations. These include but are not limited to standards of identity, package label requirements, claims identification and validation. These activities include all regulatory activities for in house developed and manufactured products and oversight and review of regulatory activities conducted by contract manufacturers of consumer brands products. This position is critical to ensuring regulatory compliance and avoidance of the product retrievals and recalls that can result from non-compliance to product and package regulations. This position is critical to ensuring support of product and package compliance to applicable regulations.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage a team of regulatory professionals and trained administrative staff that could be composed of a combination of internal associates, consultants and contract workers. Manage the activities of outside regulatory consultants who may be required as subject matter experts on key programs.
- Ensure all consumer brands packaging is in compliance with federal, state and local regulations. This involves daily interactions with marketing, graphic design, sourcing and outside design agencies to ensure that all existing, new and revised packaging graphics and placements are in compliance with labeling regulations. This can include writing label copy and will include proofing artwork. This interaction is required from the beginning of the design process to review of final art work prior to package production.
- Support commercialization process and insure timely execution of regulatory related tasks - including interpreting and advising teams on application of Federal and State regulations for co-packed and self- manufactured products across all Albertsons Own Branded product categories.
- Participate in ongoing projects related to process development and in Regulatory Affairs policy maintenance and creation.
- Support Director of Regulatory Affairs on projects as needed.
- BS in Food or Nutritional Science (or other science degree) required
- Minimum 10 years in food industry Regulatory Affairs
- Minimum 7 years of management experience including: personnel, documents and data management.
- The incumbent must have strong personnel and project management skills.
- Management background is critical to this position as the incumbent will be required to manage all daily activities associated with this role. The incumbent must have experience working closely with a broad range of functional groups including Product Development, Marketing and Graphics Design.
- Must be able to think both strategically and tactically and have experience in project management, multi-tasking, meeting tight deadlines and shifting work focus based on shifting business and technical priorities
- Excellent computer skills and experience with online specification systems. Strong communication skills both oral and written. Experience with USDA, State Regulations and Non-food categories is a plus.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting careersatsafeway.com
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons-Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons-Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER