Supervises Warehouse shipping and receiving activities and associates for a specific shift/area to ensure functions are performed within Company and Distribution Center guidelines. Will ensure results meet or exceed customer expectations for product quality and service reliability, speed and accuracy. In addition, this position oversees the training of team members and ensures team members are provided ongoing skills development and coaching to improve job performance.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Schedules and supervises of shipping/receiving associates.
• Controls production standards, accuracy of shipments and receiving, using proper accuracy programs and systems.
• Maintains daily production and accuracy records.
• Processes store returns and return to vendors using proper Company policies.
• Coordinates with Inventory Control associates regarding slotting, product rotation and space allocation.
• Conducts daily crew meeting to discuss safety, productivity and accuracy.
• Communicates with Transportation on the flow and receipt of backhauls.
• Walks warehouse daily, with Superintendent, to ensure that safety, security, sanitation and pest control codes, laws, and policies are maintained.
• Ensures the most economical and efficient use of equipment and personnel to accomplish assigned work.
• Develops and maintains good working relationship with all departments.
• Maintains control of company equipment daily through established control process.
Relevant Experience, Education, Certification, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Bachelor’s degree or four (4) years’ equivalent work experience in distribution, transportation and/or logistics or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Self-motivated with the ability to be strategic/innovative in solving complex problems
• Ability to effectively communicate, both verbal and written.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively build productive relationships
• Requires the analytical ability to handle administrative duties and mental alertness to ensure accurate, safe, and thorough completion of work activities.
• Ability to multi-task and delegate when necessary
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Basic computer skills required and personal computer experience helpful, with word processing and spreadsheet applications.
• During part of the workday the incumbent will be moving about the Distribution Center warehouse floor and potential hazards exist regarding machinery such as forklifts, pallet jacks, mechanized systems, movement of tractors and trailers, etc.
• Temperatures in the warehouse may vary between 45 to 85 degrees. Noise levels in all areas are within acceptable tolerance ranges for those specific work areas.
• Incumbent may sit for long periods of time at a desk or computer terminal.
• Incumbent will use calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment during the workday.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policy and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified may vary within each department and/or location.