Supply Operations Eastern Division Distribution Center has an opening for a Facility Maintenance Superintendent. This position is located in Upper Marlboro, MD.
• Four year college degree in engineering or equivalent experience preferred.
• Thorough knowledge of material handling equipment maintenance including electrical and internal combustion.
• Thorough knowledge of major ammonia refrigeration systems and boiler systems.
• Strong understanding of distribution center construction techniques and methods.
• Ability to assist in effectively planning and coordinating distribution center projects.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Working knowledge and experience with computerized maintenance management systems.
• Ability to negotiate for purchases and services.
• Thorough understanding of environmental policies and procedures relating to the distribution center.
• Demonstrated team leadership abilities.
• Well developed oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Advanced computer skills to include all Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, Access, DataStream Maximo, etc).
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Supervise maintenance activities in the distribution center.
• Monitor preventative maintenance programs for equipment and facilities.
• Act as the person in charge in the Maintenance Managers absence.
• Negotiate parts purchases and terms.
• Work with environmental compliance officers and consultants.
• Evaluate cost effective maintenance of facilities.
• Ensure safe operation of refrigeration systems.
Respond to: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting www.CareersAtSafeway.com on your computer or mobile device.
Diversity is fundamental at Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace – all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER