The Manufacturing Finance Department has an opening for a Financial Analyst. The position will be located in Boise, Idaho.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
-Monitor business performance, identify variances, and provide management insight into trends, issues and opportunities for improvement
- Prepare advanced financial trend and data analysis
- Participate in development of plant/corporate department budgets.
-Conduct ongoing user education and provide management consultation on reports, methodologies, source data and systems.
-Identify and recommend process improvements.
-Develop, recommend and implement accounting practices to promote consistency, application of best practices, task automation and efficiencies.
- Provide assistance with ad-hoc analyses and projects.
- Support period-end closing process by reconciling accounts and performing journal entries, as well as analyzing variances
- Reconcile general ledger accounts and support internal plants audits
- 4-year college degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of experience in finance or accounting-related field.
- Advanced Excel and multi-dimensional database skills
- Strong communication skills with customer service focus.
- Organized and detail-oriented, able to manage large quantities of data.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Highly motivated problem solver with high degree of initiative and sense of urgency.
- Knowledge of manufacturing-based cost accounting, both theoretical and practical.
- Proficient in other Microsoft Office applications
Respond to: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting www.CareersAtSafeway.com on your computer or mobile device.
We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And, a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
We provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace – all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER