Albertsons-Safeway Company is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons-Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for an eCommerce Catalog Engineer. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
The Albertsons-Safeway IT Digital Marketing team has a need for an eCommerce Catalog Engineer. This role will be an individual contributor responsible for delivering projects that pertain to the Digital Marketing and eCommerce/Grocery Delivery business functions. The candidate will work closely with the IT Director of eCommerce, and partner with its peer development team members, other cross-functional IT teams, business stakeholders and leadership team distributed across geographical locations.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design and implement systems across multiple platform types.
- Java/JEE, Oracle DB, SQL Server, AngularJS, PL/SQL
- NoSQL databases (Cassandra, MongoDB etc.)
- Develop batch jobs on ETL Tool (Data Stage)
- Assist in troubleshooting production support issues
- Investigate and resolve performance issues.
- Performs debugging, troubleshooting, modifications and unit testing of integration solutions.
- Assess technical risks and keeps team apprised of strategy to provide mitigations.
- Providing guidance and assistance to team members.
- Experience on .NET and SQL Server would be a bonus
- Expertise in integrating with Product Information Mgmt. (PIM) systems like Stibo (STEPS) or Informatica (Product 360) is a plus.
- Deep understanding of e-commerce product catalog management, master data management, metrics, and KPIs MUST have good ecommerce domain knowledge to understand and implement high-volume, high-frequency B2C applications
- Developer's foundation: Computer Science, modern Java ecosystem, Linux based OS, modern engineering processes, CI/CD
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 10+ years in software development with demonstrated evidence of increasing growth and responsibility.
- Preference working in an iterative approach for development environments.
- Must possess superior problem-solving skills, be action-oriented and decisive.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure to balance competing priorities in meeting business deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to effectively articulate and present complex concepts, ideas and strategies to senior leadership and end-users.
- Extensive creativity, drive, high energy level, and the ability to self-manage.
- Previous experience with medium to large projects in Retail Companies, specifically around eCommerce business functions will be considered an asset.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting careersatsafeway.com
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons-Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons-Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER