Albertsons-Safeway Company is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons-Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Middleware & Integration Support Engineer. This position is located in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Opportunity to support and be involved with a vast array of middleware and integration technologies.
- Work with a team that thrives on supporting and mentoring all members for the success of the team and company.
- Opportunity to take part in project involving Middleware and Integration technologies.
- Partner with Engineers, Operations, and various cross-functional teams to improve services and provide exceptional customer service.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Hands-on Middleware and Integration support responsibilities (configuration, upgrades, testing and validation, deployment, support, and performance tuning & optimization).
- Primary focus on supporting Web/App technologies (Oracle Weblogic, Fusion Middleware, Apache/Tomcat).
- Secondary focus on supporting integration technologies (MQ, MIM, IIB, DataPower, DataStage).
- Documentation of procedures/instructions for other team members, and perform knowledge transfer of procedures for lower levels of support.
- Identify opportunities to automate support tasks to minimize manual work and produce high quality, consistent results.
- Diagnose, isolate, and de-bug issues and perform problem resolution. Participate in troubleshooting and root cause analysis efforts to identify and implement permanent solutions.
- Plan and define systems software and/or hardware requirements/specifications and/or customizations.
- Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversee creation of or updates to and testing of the business continuation plan.
- Share knowledge and information with other teams, and provide 2rd level support with extended coverage for critical issues. Engage vendor support as needed and follow-through until service is restored. Provide periodic and regular updates to management and peer groups on progress.
- Plan and define systems software and/or hardware requirements/specifications and/or customizations to improve system stability and availability.
- Share on-call responsibilities with teammates, and occasionally work different shifts to accommodate changes within approved outage windows.
- Work closely with Engineering and Architecture counterparts and constantly provide feedback to improve project delivery and handoff.
- 4-year degree (Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent), or equivalent experience.
- Must have 6+ years of overall IT experience, with 4+ years professional experience as a system engineer and/or administrator responsible for design, implementation, installation, configuration and administrative support of Oracle Weblogic, Fusion Middleware, and other Web/App technologies.
- Experience supporting and administrating Integration technologies such as MQ, IIB, DataPower, and DataStage is desired.
- Knowledge and use of Enterprise Managed File transfer solutions (OpenText MIM) is desired, but not required.
- Knowledge and use of WMB Configuration and Monitoring tools is desired.
- Proven scripting experience in Shell, Perl, AWK or Python is required. Puppet and Ruby is desired, but not required.
- Must have 1+ year professional experience with BMC Truesight Monitoring and Administration tools.
- Experience in installation & configuration, including setup of clustering and high available (HA) configurations on multiple platforms (Linux RHEL, AIX, z/OS) is strongly preferred. Candidates' prior system administration with 2+ years of Linux/AIX platform experience will be considered.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and team building skills are essential
- Candidate must work well in a fast-paced, changing environment and can manage multiple projects, support, and initiatives all with different priorities at the same time.
- Candidate must possess a genuine desire to provide superior customer service to our I/T customers.
- Must demonstrate proven ability to analyze problems, propose solutions, and drive issues to resolution, individually and when leading a group to reach a conclusion.
- Candidate must be able to lead and influence others, and drive collaborative work sessions.
- Must be results oriented, willing to take responsibility and accept accountability for own actions.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting careersatsafeway.com
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons-Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons-Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER