Albertsons-Safeway Company is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons-Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Sr. VMware Engineer. This position is located in Phoenix, Arizona.
The successful Sr. VMware Engineer candidate will be responsible for virtualization, automation and security services on the Midrange and Retail Services team. This position will contribute to design/engineering, execution and management of platform, networking and security infrastructure solutions within the retail, back office, and data center locations.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
As a Sr. VMware Engineer you will be responsible for engineering VMware based solutions leveraging industry standard orchestration and automation tools. You will enable us to understand and improve our VMware infrastructure as member of a quickly evolving, highly collaborative team.
- Assist/lead the definition and design of virtualized platform, networking and security solutions, following through to configuration, testing, and installation
- Assist/lead the development of design specifications, migration plans and operational best practice guidelines based on business or technical requirements
- Participate in architectural and engineering discussions to understand business and technical objectives, following project requirements, to develop effective solutions
- Provide hands-on technical leadership to include business and information technology project teams
- Maintain current knowledge of multiple areas of VMware solutions and relevant virtualization, networking and security aspects
- Lead/deliver technical enablement discussions across a multi-disciplined information technology organization
- Presentation of solutions for project, program, business and executive awareness sessions
- Active and regular participation in knowledge management/capture activities
Ideal candidates will have a background in Retail and Data Center Virtualization, Architecture/Design and automation software solutions.
Specific areas of focus include:
- 5+ years of experience with virtualization, security, ideally in a highly virtualized environment using automation and configuration management tools
- Strong familiarity with scripting (Unix Shell / PowerCLI / PowerShell / PERL / Python / XML Scripting)
- Prior experience as a Sr Engineer for medium to large IT projects
- Strong ability to document completely and accurately at all levels of solution development and implementation
- Strong understanding of Service Desk, Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Configuration Management and Computer Operations IT disciplines
- Results oriented, willing to take responsibility and accept accountability for action
- Strong interpersonal, communication skills are essential
- Genuine desire to provide superior customer service
- Comfortable with ambiguity as needs change on a regular basis
- High degree of initiative and sense of urgency
- Ability to work on multiple, simultaneous initiatives of which he/she will apply their applicable business, technical and system functionality background
- Understand designing architecture to meet compliance targets such as PCI and/or HIPAA
- Differentiators for the role:
- HyperConverged Infrastructure
- Dell EMC VxRail
- B.S./B.A. degree or equivalent technical training and certification
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting careersatsafeway.com
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons-Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons-Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER