Our pharmacy assistants are part of a community where they know their patients by name. With a holistic approach to health care management, our pharmacy staff provides a full complement of pharmaceutical services in a community pharmacy setting with a workflow model to allow world-class patient care.
Join us in making a difference in the lives of our patients, customers, and communities.
We are looking for dedicated pharmacy assistants who are friendly, energetic, detail-orientated, and fast and want to work in a cutting edge environment focused on individualized patient care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide customer service as currently defined by the employer within the scope of the position and within company policy.
• Verify information for new prescriptions.
• Receive authorized patient prescription refill requests.
• Fill bottle with prescribed tablets or capsules.
• Insert pharmacy reference updates.
• Maintain confidentiality of all patient information.
• Answer phone calls not requiring the pharmacist’s attention.
• Promptly report to the pharmacist all pharmacy complaints and inquiries concerning prescriptions or prescription medication.
• Notify the pharmacist when agents from any regulatory agency or law officers contact/visit the Pharmacy.
• Receive and store incoming supplies.
• Operate electronic cash register to total customers’ final bill. Receive payment for customers’ purchase and count back correct change. Bag purchased items.
• Maintain cleanliness of the pharmacy area of the store.
• Comply with all policies and procedures set by company.
• Other duties as assigned concurrent with all applicable laws and regulations.
• Must be at least 18 years of age or older
• High School diploma or equivalent work experience of at least 1 year as a Pharmacy technician or training
• Must be licensed/permitted through the State Board of Pharmacy as a Pharmacy Assistant where applicable.
• Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality with all patient information
• Demonstrated prior cash register/customer service skills and an ability to interact cohesively with colleagues in a team environment
• Able to type 35 words per minute
• Excellent computer, typing, communication, and arithmetic (including decimals and percentages) skills
• Understands and can perform basic pharmaceutical calculations in order to obtain correct doses of medications
• Read and transcribe pharmaceutical information
• Ability to learn and accurately operate pharmacy computer systems, cash register, and other equipment
• Excellent multi-tasking, accuracy, and attention to detail skills
• Flexibility to work weekends, nights, and holidays, as required
• Must be able to lift and carry items, as well as stand for duration of shift unless on break
Safeway is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (MFDV) and welcomes diverse talent and backgrounds