Albertsons-Safeway Company is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons-Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Sr. Manager, eCommerce Checkout. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
The Albertsons-Safeway IT Digital Marketing team has a need for a Sr. Manager, eCommerce Checkout. This role will primarily be responsible for driving cross-track program that consists of multiple projects in the Digital Marketing and eCommerce/Grocery Delivery business functions. The Sr. Manager, eCommerce Checkout will be primarily responsible for building the next generation website experience. The areas include checkout, cart and other user interface modules of the website. The Senior Manager will report into the IT Director of eCommerce, lead group of Project Managers and software developers, working closely with other leadership team, cross-functional IT teams and business stakeholders distributed across geographical locations including Pleasanton CA, Phoenix, AZ and Manila, Philippines.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Builds and maintains Customer relationships
- Develops and manages budget in area of responsibility
- Develops team members
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures application and infrastructure architectural solutions are stable, secure, and compliant with Company standards and practices
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Ensures that issues impacting production are escalated and resolved
- Manages contractor and supplier process
- Participates in efforts to develop departmental strategies
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Strengthens department leadership
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3+ years in management of technical team consisting of software developers.
- Ready to step in as a hands-on developer as and when needed.
- Previous experience building system with Micro services will be a big plus
- Experience with .Net and/or Java technologies.
- Must possess superior problem-solving skills, be action-oriented and decisive.
- Demonstrated ability to manage cross-track program level risks, interdependencies across projects.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, coach, counsel and train team members.
- Previous experience with medium to large projects in Retail Companies, specifically around Digital Marketing and eCommerce business functions will be considered an asset.
- Ability to effectively articulate and present complex concepts, ideas and strategies to senior leadership and end-users.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure to balance competing priorities in meeting business deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills.
- Extensive creativity, drive, high energy level, and the ability to self-manage.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting careersatsafeway.com
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons-Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons-Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER