Albertsons Safeway is working to become the favorite food and drug retailer in every market it serves. The organization includes 2,230 stores, 27 distribution facilities and 19 manufacturing plants with over 250,000 employees across 34 states and the District of Columbia. The company is privately owned with supermarkets across the country that include: Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Carrs, ACME, Jewel-Osco, Lucky, Shaw's, Star Market, Super Saver, United Supermarkets, Market Street and Amigos.
The Supply Chain Department has an opening for an Maintenance Supervisor. This position is located in Roanoke, Texas.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Supervise and provide work direction, assignments and feedback maintenance and sanitation.
* Supervise maintenance and sanitation activities in the distribution center.
* Monitor preventative maintenance programs for equipment and facilities.
* Ensure work assignments are completed on time and per specifications and safety guidelines.
* Determine safety maintenance and inspection methods and instruct and train maintenance technicians on processes.
* Negotiate parts purchases and terms.
* Evaluate equipment and establish a life-cycle replacement program.
* Ensure safe operation of refrigeration systems.
* Requisition parts and supplies and coordinate their flow through department.
* Insure that a safe and clean environment is maintained in all working areas.
* Implement cost-saving measures within the department.
* Perform an array of supervisory duties as outlined by the maintenance manager.
* Review all work completed including preventative maintenance and examine work for exactness, neatness and adherence to policies and procedures.
Qualifications: The following are preferred or desired unless specifically stated:
* AA in a technical or engineering field preferred.
* HS Diploma or GED required.
* Two - four years of work experience with refrigeration and/or electrical systems.
* Two plus years supervising a team or staff.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Access and associated applications is strongly preferred.
* Must be able to manage effectively in a team environment.
* Knowledge of preventative maintenance policies and safety measures.
* Working knowledge of building maintenance and industrial ammonia refrigeration systems.
* Strong supervisory skills and the ability to mentor staff.
* Solid communication skills, both written and oral.
* Proven track record of cost reduction and increased productivity.
* Operations planning knowledge and follow up skills preferred.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Working knowledge and experience with maintenance computerized maintenance management systems
Respond to: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting www.CareersAtSafeway.com.
We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
We provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.