Albertsons Safeway is working to become the favorite food and drug retailer in every market it serves. The organization includes 2,230 stores, 27 distribution facilities and 19 manufacturing plants with over 250,000 employees across 34 states and the District of Columbia. The company is privately owned with supermarkets across the country that include: Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Carrs, ACME, Jewel-Osco, Lucky, Shaw's, Star Market, Super Saver, United Supermarkets, Market Street and Amigos.
The Seattle division distribution center has an opening for a Systems Analyst. This position is located in Anchorage, Alaska.
The System Support Analyst position reports to the System Support Manager. This role provides technical support and system administration for Independent Sales Team, Warehousing, Transportation, Procurement, Accounting, HR etc. This position contributes to the overall goals by maintaining the integrity and viability of all technical and application solutions employed within a Sales Team, Distribution Center. In compliance with Supply Chain and IT standards in collaboration with Supply Chain Services and Information Technology.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Develop and maintain system-to-system integration interfaces using SQL Server stored procedures
* Assist business stakeholders with analytical reporting using SQL Server Reporting Services
* Provide system support, report defects/improvements to vendor, and install vendor provided software updates/upgrades
* Support and train end-users use the system effectively
* Monitor the system and resolve issues
* Develop and maintain strong functional and technical product knowledge
* Conduct effective training and product demonstrations for C-Level sponsors
* Monitor performance and functioning of technologies and applications.
* Provide leadership for technical and system / application issue resolution.
* Collaborate with IT to support and maintenance of all IT Hardware, Networks, Servers, etc.
* Printer management (Mainframe, MFD, and Warehouse production printers) as necessary.
* Print output management (Internal Daily and Weekly reports, Store Price Maintenance reports and Order Guides) as necessary.
* Participate / Lead Special Projects.
* Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or Computer Science.
* 3 plus years' experience in application support and/or computer operations.
* Experience in wholesale and/or retail vertical domain*Technical aptitude and ability to understand technical and functional concepts quickly
*Organizational and planning skills to meet deadlines
* Possess solid knowledge of information technology (hardware & software) solutions & tools.
* Possess strong knowledge of Supply Chain processes and applications (e.g. Procurement, Warehousing, Transportation, Manufacturing etc.).
of core Distribution operations to facilitate recovery procedures for all job processing, network or hardware failures.
* Possess good communications skills, both verbal and written. Deal effectively with a wide variety of people both in person and over the telephone.
* Requires the analytical ability to handle administrative duties and mental alertness to ensure accurate, safe and thorough completion of work activities.
* Possess ability to concentrate and deal with frequent interruptions.
* Travel Requirements: Up to 5%.
Respond to: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting http://hrd.safeway.com/careers/index.htm.
We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
We provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER