The Department Specialist completes a variety of administrative and clerical activities that support the Procurement Department in achieving goals and objectives. Works under moderate supervision on work assignments requiring knowledge of Distribution Center and Department policies and procedures
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Supports the Procurement Manager and Buyers by completing administrative and clerical work to include: maintenance of files, running reports, data entry, answering telephones when necessary, answering routine questions or referring to proper individual, sorts incoming and outgoing mail.
• Completes the system set-up of new items and removal of discontinued items from the system.
• Assists Buyers with the placement of purchase orders, maintains contact with retail store personnel to resolve special problems or to obtain necessary information and maintain quality standards,
• Coordinates necessary functions between the Procurement Department and other Distribution Center Departments.
•Enters store distribution and allocations of product.
• Responds to special requests and researches information for other department members as requested.
• Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• High school diploma or higher.
• Knowledge of merchandising terminology and products as well as previous retail industry experience preferred.
• Good general office skills including typing, filing, answering telephones, taking messages, responding to inquiries, handling incoming and outgoing mail, completion of office forms and the proficient use of office equipment (calculators, photocopier, and telephone).
• Good reading, writing, and verbal communications skills.
• Good interpersonal skills to maintain effective business relationships within and outside the company.
• Solid computer skills including the use of word-processing and spreadsheet software.
• Math skills at a level to complete addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
• Be detail oriented, highly organized, and able to meet deadlines and work with confidential information.
• Most work is performed under general office conditions in a temperature controlled environment. Incumbent will use calculators, keyboards, telephones, and other office equipment in the course of the workday.
Respond to: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting http://hrd.safeway.com/careers/index.htm.
We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
We provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace – all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER