Albertsons Safeway is working to become the favorite food and drug retailer in every market it serves. The organization includes 2,230 stores, 27 distribution facilities and 19 manufacturing plants with over 250,000 employees across 34 states and the District of Columbia. The company is privately owned with supermarkets across the country that include: Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Carrs, ACME, Jewel-Osco, Lucky, Shaw's, Star Market, Super Saver, United Supermarkets, Market Street and Amigos.
The Supply Chain Department has an opening for a Human Resource Coordinator. This position is located in Irvine, CA.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide support to Supply Operations HR staff located in multiple off-site locations.
- Provide excellent customer service to all employees that need Human Resources assistance.
- Perform duties associated with initiatives such as payroll, recruitment and hiring, new hire on-boarding, leaves of absence, bench strength, balanced workforce, and succession planning.
- Process all new hires, transfers, and promotions electronically via PeopleSoft.
- Schedule pre-employment drug screen.
- Maintain electronic personnel file database, scanning relevant documents to appropriate employee files. Responsible for file accuracy.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate HR database records, including data integrity audits, as well as identifying process improvements.
- Design PeopleSoft queries related to various HR projects, i.e. turnover, hires by facility, balanced workforce goals, etc.
- Assist in the research and preparation of special projects and presentations.
- Responsible for the organization and security of HR files.
- Responsible for managing and submitting expense invoices timely.
- Complete additional projects as directed.
- High School diploma or G.E.D. AA degree would be helpful.
- Three plus years of office experience, preferably in Human Resources.
- Highly skilled with Microsoft Office applications including, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint. Additional experience with other systems, including PeopleSoft, preferred. Experience in managing large databases preferred.
- Accurate data entry skills with mathematical aptitude.
- Working knowledge of common HR practices, including key Federal and State regulations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team environment while maintaining a high degree of customer service.
- Ability to prioritize job tasks in order of changing priority and in a deadline driven work environment.
- Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong initiative and flexibility.
- High degree of integrity; able to handle confidential information with absolute discretion.
Respond to: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting www.Albertsons.com on your computer or mobile device.
Diversity is fundamental at Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER