Albertsons-Safeway Company is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons-Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Solution Architect, eCommerce. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
The Safeway IT Digital Marketing team has a need for a Solution Architect -- eCommerce. A Solution Architect works across teams to scope, design and deliver digital marketing solutions for our customers, consulting directly with customers and liaising with internal stakeholders, using technical knowledge to realize a business vision. You will be tasked with creating standard projects and solutions, that maximize the use of standard features of our technology, and minimize creation of special cases and once-only customization. You will work with the delivery teams to ensure that the right work is being delivered, and will also work with the business to guide and educate on the correct way to position our solutions. You will bring a strong technical consulting background and will be tasked with conducting technical customer/prospect discovery sessions, driving the design of solutions, and presenting those solutions in the form of presentations, proposals, and Statements of Work (SOWs) and ensuring that these are reusable by as many customers as possible. You will work with a global team delivering to a high standard and focusing on technical work to on-board our customers quickly and effectively.
The Solution Architect will report into the IT Director of eCommerce.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Implement scalable, secure and high performing eCommerce applications.
- Work closely with Enterprise Architects and Technical Owners to develop applications aligned with the Mapp business strategy.
- Collaborate on cross-functional agile teams that include Product Owners, QA Engineers and fellow DevOps Software Engineers to implement the next generation of Mapp applications.
- Stay abreast of technology trends and industry best practices to hone and maintain your talent.
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Ensures that issues impacting production are escalated and resolved
- Participates in efforts to develop departmental strategies
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Proficiency in managing projects including scope, scheduling, and change management in a project management or customer service role
- Data analysis
- Detailed understanding of different facets of eCommerce and associated KPIs
- Ability to interpret, drive, and support customer vision and thinking
- Exceptional time management skills & flexibility in working hours
- Technical writing competency; ability to create technical specifications/blueprints and solutions-orientated project proposals
- Ability to identify and help mitigate risks and issues
- Strong interpersonal, written communication, and presentation skills
- Training and mentoring skills
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related field;
- 5+ years developing web applications in a highly transparent agile organization with iterations, continuous integration and a drive for quality;
- Experience with Java and/or GoLang is preferred;
- Experience with real-time streaming processing (Kafka/Storm) is preferred;
- Experience with distributed BigData systems is preferred (Presto/Cassandra/HDFS/etc.);
- Experience with any of XML, APIs, Web Services, Web Forms, RSS, FTP is preferred.
- Proven ability to design and implement web services in a RESTful manner, along with understanding our broader service-oriented architectures;
- Proven ability to work within a cross functional agile team;
- Must be a self-starter and able to work well with others in a fast-paced agile environment with an emphasis on collaborating and assisting the team to meet business objectives;
- Able to use tools such as JIRA, Git, etc. preferred
- Experience of PCF, Dockers, etc. is highly desirable
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting careersatsafeway.com
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons-Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons-Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER