A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A CUT FRUIT CLERK
As a Cut Fruit Clerk, you have the artistic ability to present a collage of fresh, crisp, bright fruits. To truly be successful in the position, the individual needs to be thoughtful and passionate about his or her work. In this role the produce department is your canvas, and you will enjoy creating a colorful masterpiece for your customers to enjoy. The possibilities are endless and this is your opportunity to work with the fresh ingredients that nourish the community.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS**
• Provide high-quality customer service in accordance with Safeway’s customer service standards and policies and procedures.
• Inform customers about fruit, provide samples and promote sales within department.
• Build and maintain fruit displays, and rotate stock as needed.
• Prepare product for placement on sales floor through the company crisping process by trimming, washing, banding, and placing in cooler to be crisped.
• Ensure freshness of fruit on sales floor.
• Maintain area and conduct business in accordance with all federal, state and local weights and measures, sanitation, food safety and general safety regulations and Company policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Manage price accuracy by applying new price tags, including making signs as needed.
• Speak with customers to address dissatisfaction, if any with any, service or product or other problems related with the operation of the produce area.
• Clean fruit display areas and back room cut fruit area, including floors, sinks, tables, scales, mirrors, sprayers, wet and dry racks.
• Adhere to uniform and grooming policy as defined within company policy.
The following describes the general qualifications and physical, sensory and mental abilities normally associated with performing the essential job functions of this position:**
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to understand and follow instructions, and ability to read, retain and comprehend guidelines, policies and procedures applicable to the position
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work independently as well as within a large team
• Self-motivated and driven to increase knowledge of Safeway products and share that knowledge with Safeway customers
• Ability to provide regular and predictable attendance. (Safeway employees may be scheduled to work early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays, and schedules may vary on a weekly basis)
• Ability to comply with workplace conduct standards
The following attempts to communicate the traditional physical demands associated with this position:**
Seldom: 1-2 hours, Occasional: 3-4 hours, Frequent: 5-6 hours, Continuous: 7+ hours (Based on an 8 hour work day.)
• Squat/Kneel: Seldom
• Bend/Stoop: Occasional
• Lift/Carry: Occasional/carry 5-50 lbs.
• Push/Pull: Occasional, push/pull 10-300 lbs. dollies/shopping carts *depending on amount of product on dolly/in
shopping cart lbs. will increase
• Twist/Turn: Occasional
• Grip/Grasp: Frequent
• Reach: Frequent
• Stand/Walk: Continuous
Job duties and responsibilities may vary by location and employees may be assigned duties and responsibilities in
addition to those described above.
** The Company is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to compliance with its obligations under all applicable
state and federal laws prohibiting employment discrimination. In keeping with this commitment, it attempts to reasonably
accommodate applicants and employees in accordance with the requirements of the disability discrimination laws. It also
invites individuals with disabilities to participate in a good faith, interactive process to identify reasonable accommodations
that can be made without imposing an undue hardship.
ALBERTSONS SAFEWAY AND WHY YOU WANT TO JOIN US
Albertsons Safeway has always been a people-oriented business, and thoughtful people practices remain a core element of
our company’s philosophy. As friendly, enthusiastic individuals who enjoy offering customers an exceptional shopping
experience, we provide world-class customer service each and every day.
We provide a variety of benefits including:
• Great pay
• Flexible schedule
• Opportunities for career development
• Health and welfare benefits for eligible employees
• Leisure time activity discounts