Albertsons-Safeway Company is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons-Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for an ETL Developer who has knowledge and experience with managing huge data volumes and drive Analytics for their Information Management programs. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop new applications for the Analytical eco-system and provide consultancy on existing applications.
- Develop applications in a heterogeneous environment consisting of relational and non-relational technologies.
- Analyze, design, develop and implement data warehouse / data mart solutions in a large corporation.
- Develop extensive knowledge of the Operations and the Data of the current business.
- Develop systems/applications that interface with multiple platforms in the mainframe, midrange and Unix environments.
- Be proficient with Integration technologies and lead Data virtualization initiatives.
- Champion and realize the 360-degree view of a customer.
- Create and maintain models for predictive analytics.
- Consult with business partners to improve the effectiveness of descriptive and prescriptive analytical systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science with a background in statistics
- 4 - 5 years of experience in the retail industry preferred.
- Programming skills in the following: C, Unix, Python, R, and SQL.
- Solid understanding of the working in a Teradata and the Hadoop environment.
- Thorough knowledge of Data Warehouse integration technologies pertaining to ETL, ELT, Messaging, brokering and Data Virtualization.
- Experience with Hive, Pig, Hadoop Streaming, R, SPSS, SAS, Weka, NoSQL.
- Experience working with web-analytics data for capture and generating insights.
- Should have File conversion and data loading experience, good programming skills, and experience with multidimensional design for Data Warehouses.
- Strong database skills with experience in creating data mart applications and the data marts themselves.
- Able to utilize a structured methodology for the requirements, design and realization of Data Warehouses/Data Mart solutions.
- Develop specs and delegate to junior programmers, as well as, be able to provide guidance and mentor their development.
- Able to work in a fast paced, dynamic, ever evolving work environment.
- Desire to learn new skills, technologies and adapt to new information demands.
- Ability to multi-task on many projects and priorities and be able to handle situations that may come with delivery of critical applications. Be adaptable to change direction and priorities quickly, based on changing business needs.
- Able to switch priorities quickly and easily.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting careersatsafeway.com
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons-Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons-Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER