Albertsons Safeway is working to become the favorite food and drug retailer in every market it serves. The organization includes 2,230 stores, 27 distribution facilities and 19 manufacturing plants with over 250,000 employees across 34 states and the District of Columbia. The company is privately owned with supermarkets across the country that include: Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Carrs, ACME, Jewel-Osco, Lucky, Shaw's, Star Market, Super Saver, United Supermarkets, Market Street and Amigos.
The Supply Chain Department has an opening for a Transportation Clerk. This position is located in Tracy, CA
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Maintain necessary documentation and files.
* Review employee paperwork for accuracy.
* Responsible for activity based payroll input (CAMS).
* Detailed research with Driver discrepancies.
* Schedule and monitor backhauls.
The following are preferred or desired unless specifically stated:
* Proficient 10 key skills highly desirable.
* Keen orientation to detail.
* Excellent organization skills and logical thinking.
* Ability to work in a fast paced transportation environment.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Strong computer skills with knowledge of MS Office, including Excel, Word, and Access.
* Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously.
* Strong verbal and written communications skills.
* Excellent follow through on daily tasks and projects.
* Ability to work flexible schedules including weekends and holidays.
* Ability to work independently.
Respond to: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting www.CareersAtSafeway.com on your computer or mobile device.
Diversity is fundamental at Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER